Friday, March 12, 2010

Honey Buttermilk Yogurt Waffles

As I was asking A what he wanted for breakfast he informed me he wanted waffles. I of course had none in the freezer(these I do usually buy as I have a belgian waffle maker and well they don't fit in my toaster oven.) Perhaps I need a regular waffle iron too. So I told him I'd make them for lunch, then he got McDonald's. But he still wanted waffles and so then I had to look up a waffle recipe...for some reason I didn't have a go to waffle recipe. This one sounded interesting and I had all the ingredients.

Honey Buttermilk Yogurt Waffles- adapted from Annie's Eats
3 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup buttermilk(or milk)
6 oz container vanilla yogurt(or 3/4 cup)
1/3 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla(which I forgot!)

Whisk together flour, soda, powder, oatmeal, cinnamon. Add in buttermilk, honey, yogurt, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until combined. Fold in butter. Place in waffle maker until golden brown.

**These are fluffy and moist. And if you are really lucky, your 3 year old will want sprinkles in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment