Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Banana Bread Cobbler

I found this recipe while cruising around the blogging world. I thought it sounded different and I've been wanting to try it for a while. The only problem I faced was that my boys ALWAYS ate the bananas before they were very ripe.

Banana Bread Cobbler-adapted from Meal Planning with Connie
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
4 ripe bananas, sliced
Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup uncooked oatmeal(I used half old fashioned, half quick)
1/4 cup butter, softened(I actually melted mine)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix together bread ingredients except for bananas. Place in greased 11x7 pan. Place sliced bananas on top. Mix topping together and sprinkle over the top of bananas. Place in oven and cook for 40 mins.

**I did end up cooking this it seemed like forever. But I was cooking it at a lower temperture. I thought it was done, but it still seemed gooey(although the toothpick came out clean). I have now gathered it is supposed to be soft and not cakey like.The couple of bites I've had it seems really sweet, so I will cut down the sugar (even more) if I make it again. You can also make a glaze to put over the top, I figured there was enough sugar in it already! I also made it in a 9 inch cake pan, if you do this make sure you put a pan under the cake pan as some of mine bubbled out. It also seemed like a lot of streusal topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment