Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had one lonely sweet potato just BEGGING to be used. I knew it wouldn't be enough to eat with a meal, ok maybe one person. I remember reading about sweet potato muffins and I also had some apples that were supposed to go into the muffins...but apparently the chocolate won out the other night.

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins-shared from  Finding Joy in my Kitchen
1 cup mashed sweet potato(about 1 potato)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp applesauce
granola

Mix together dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and stir until well combined(my dough seemed dry so I added a couple more splashes of milk). Fold in chocolate chips. Place in muffin tins.(you will need 15 cups). Sprinkle top with granola and press into the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 mins until toothpick tested comes clean.

**These were moist and quite tasty. I had a friend say she was doubtful b/c who puts chocolate and a vegetable together....its like putting pumpkin and chocolate together. They are also baby approved!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Would love for you to share one your yummy recipes in my Whatcha Cooking Wednesday Recipe link-up!!
    http://www.mamabirdnest.com/2010/04/whatcha-got-cooking-wednesday-greek.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought to make sweet potato muffins - they look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sneaking sweet potatoes into things. Rolls, biscuits, spaghetti sauce... These muffins look very yummy. Good enough for dessert!

    ReplyDelete