Monday, April 5, 2010

Bourbon Glazed Ham

Someone I met on a message board shared this recipe and I have used it each time we have ham. It's just simple and delicious!

Bourbon Glazed Ham
5-10 lb ham(I think mine was around 8 and it was pre-cooked spiral)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar

Whisk ingredients together.

Place ham in roasting pan with rounded end up. Roast according to directions until heated through. About 30 mins into roasting baste ham and continue to baste ham every 30 mins. I also cover my ham with foil.

I decided that I needed oven space today so I tried making this in my crock pot and it worked beautifully! Of course my ham was too big so I wrapped the top in foil instead of the cover. If you do this make sure it is sealed tight.  Place ham on 5-6 crumbled foil balls in bottom of slow cooker. Place it with meat side down. Turn on high and cook for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Glaze as normal. My ham did cook faster but that was due to my slow cooker so you may want to keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment