Thursday, April 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Energy Bites

I've had this recipe for at least 2-3 years...it has been sitting in my recipe "notebook" waiting for it to be made. I finally had all the stuff so I decided to make some. I'm not sure where exactly the recipe came from...I know it was some magazine, but it does have Skippy in the bottom corner so perhaps its a Skippy recipe.

Peanut Butter Energy Bites
3 cups cheerios
3 cups granola
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together cheerios, granola, and cranberries/raisins. In a separate bowl combine honey, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Place in microwave and heat for 30 seconds at a time until peanut butter is melted. Add peanut butter mixture to cereal mixture and stir to combine well. Press into a 9x13 pan that has been greased well. Let cool.

**I have tried these and they are delicious! They are a quick and easy snack.

This has been linked to the Peanut Butter Spotlight at Eat at Home



3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love all those ingredients!!
    Thanks for adding your link to Finger-lickin' Good Recipes Friday! You have lots of yummy sounding recipes here! I've added your link to my blog list!
    Many blessings ~ Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love snacks like this. I really need to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete