Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whole Grain Pancakes

A couple of years ago, my Aunt Gina gave me a cookbook that her quilt guild put together. At first glance, I bookmarked 2-3 recipes, I just went through it again and bookmarked a bunch more! This was one of them and I've had them before as it is my Aunt's recipe.

Whole Grain Pancakes-adapted from Aunt Gina
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup buttermilk(or milk)
2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix egg, oil, and buttermilk. Add the liquid mix to the dry mixture. Fold in blueberries. Drop on heated griddle, flip when bubbles form. Serve with real maple syrup.

**I tried to take a picture, but they weren't not in a good photographing mood. The hint of spices were a nice touch to the recipe. Q loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment