Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Muffins

This is the second time I've made these muffins. The first time I used fresh cherries and they were really good. This time though, I had some dried cherries I wanted to use so I went ahead with the original recipe.

Chocolate Cherry Muffins-adapted from Finding Joy In My Kitchen
1 3/4 cup flour(I used whole wheat and white)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup cherries(fresh, need to be pitted, cut into 1/8)*
1 cup milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg white

Mix together dry ingredients. Combine(or add in the wet ingredients). Fold in cherries and chocolate chips. To keep the them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins, you can toss them into the flour. Place in prepared muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 mins or until they are cooked through.

*I used about 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried cherries, and chopped them. I honestly didn't measure them, just used the bag I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment