Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pepperoni Roll Ups

I had these on the menu this week and never got to them. I was working on several other recipes today during nap time and one of them was a brunch lasagna(which will be posted soon) so I figured I mind as well get this one working too. They are all nestled together in the freezer awaiting to be eaten! This was pretty simple recipe too!

Pepperoni Roll Ups-Taste of Home 2009..or 2010
10 lasagna noodles, cooked according to the pkg
16 oz container ricotta or cottage cheese
2 tbsp Italian seasoning(approx)
2 tbsp dried chives(approx)
1 pkg pepperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese
26 oz can/jar of spaghetti sauce

Mix together ricotta/cottage cheese and spices. Place cooked noodle on plate/cutting board. I was able to lay 3 down at a time. Place approximately 3 tbsp of cottage cheese (or ricotta) on noodle and smooth out, stopping a half an inch from the end of the noodle. Sprinkle cheese on top, followed by pepperoni.(I used 5 slices per noodle.) Carefully roll noodle up. In the bottom of a 9x13 pan, spread some sauce on the bottom. Lay roll up seem side down in pan. Continue until all of the cheese is used up.*I was able to get 9 noodles down, you may get more or less. The last roll up only had pepperoni and cheese in it. Cover with sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-30 mins until hot and bubbly at 350 degrees.

**Ours was previously frozen, so it took an hour to cook. These were just ok in our book...we decided we like my regular lasagna better. When it was taken out of the oven it had a LOT of liquid in it so I drained it out. I'm not sure if it was water, but I know some of it was fat from the pepperoni. There wasn't much flavor left to the pepperoni, but please don't let our review deter you from enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment