Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Cookie

Last weekend, was Easter and we had 3 different cakes. I don't know about anyone else, but I was all caked out. So I decided instead of doing a cake for Q's birthday I was going to attempt a cookie...I have made cookie bars before, but it has always been something that I can't get right. I either over bake them or the edges burn and the middle is gooey. I don't know what I did, but this one came out great! I was so excited! Q and everyone at the party agreed!

Birthday Cookie-adapted from Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Recipe
2 sticks of butter, softened
2/3 cups brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips
half batch of buttercream frosting
food coloring
plastic/zip top bag and decorating tips
sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars. Add in one egg at a time and mix well. Add in vanilla. Combine flours, salt,and baking soda. Slowly add into butter mixture. Mix throughly. Stir in chocolate chips. Place batter into a 13x9x1 baking sheet. It was the easier to flatten by using a piece of waxed paper. Place in oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Allow to cool before decorating.

While cookie is cooling, make butter cream frosting. Dye to the color of your liking. Place decorating tip into zip top bag and trim corner. Push tip into cut corner. Place frosting into bag and decorate as needed.*I used a star tip and a piping tip.

**I may have cooked the cookie a bit too long and you may also want to lightly greased the pan as mine did stick a little.

1 comment:

  1. A big giant cookie is better than a birthday cake any day of the week. Looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete