Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sesame Ginger Pork Chops

This is from my Aunt Gina's quilt guild. It was quite tasty! K really wanted more of it, but I only had 3 chops. This would work well with chicken, as the original recipe was actually for chicken. It was also quick and easy.

Sesame Ginger Pork Chops-Thimble Pleasures
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted*
1 lb pork chops

*You can buy sesame seeds already toasted, but it much cheaper to do it yourself and quite easy. I buy the jars of seeds for 88 cents to $1 and seen as you only need a few they last a long time. I've seen toasted sesame seeds go for over $2 for a tiny jar. To toast them all you need to do is place them in a dry skillet and turn the heat on low. Occassionally give them a stir until they are a nice golden color.

Mix together all the ingredients and set aside. Place chops on hot grill(or skillet) and let brown, flip, and let the other side brown. Spread browned side with sauce, flip, spread other side with sauce. I did this a couple of times and let the sauce carmelize, it added lots of flavor. I had some pretty thin chops, so this did not take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment