Monday, April 5, 2010

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I was having a really hard time deciding what kind of potato side to make for Easter dinner...I was going to try a new recipe and then I wasn't feeling it, then I thought ooh scalloped potatoes and decided not too. So I fell back on a old favorite.

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 head of garlic
5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5-6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
milk
salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter

Cut the top off of the garlic bulb, just to see the cloves. Drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap in foil and place in 350 degree oven for 45 mins to 1 hour. You will know it is done when the cloves are golden brown. Once cooled squeeze garlic out of papers into cooked potatoes.

Place potatoes in pot and cover with water. Cook until fork tender. Once potatoes are done, drain and add in milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash with garlic.

Place potatoes in casserole dish. Top with bacon and cheese. Place in oven until cheese is melted about 10-15 mins.

**I made these the day before so it took about 30-40 mins to heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment