Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bbq Mini Meatloaves

This original recipe is done in a muffin tin, but I HATE cleaning the dang thing, so I've opted out of it. I also know this meat is a little fattier than what I usually buy and I don't want the meatloaves sitting in all the fat...although it might make cleaning up easier! We have had this recipe before and K really liked it, said it was the best he has ever had and the leftovers reheat great!

BBQ Mini Meatloaves-adapted from Barefoot ConTerra
1 lb ground meat(I used beef)
1 egg
1-2 tsp italian seasoning
1-2 tsp minced dried onion
1-2 tsp garlic powder
2 palmfuls of whole wheat bread crumbs
bbq sauce(I used honey)
shredded cheese

Mix together meat, egg, seasonings, and bread crumbs. Try not to over mix the meat mixture as it becomes tough. Seperate meat into four sections and shape into oval. Leave a gully in the middle of the loaf, fill with bbq sauce and cheese. I then placed the loaves on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet with sides. Place in 350 degree oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.

1 comment: