Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

I've had these on my menu for at least 2 weeks now. Everyone in my house was not feeling well this morning, so I made them for myself. The original recipe calls for a rhubarb sauce, I am not a fan of rhubarb nor do I have any, so I went with blueberry sauce.

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes-from Taste of Home 2009
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
zest of one lemon
juice of lemon(I only used half, but I think you could use the whole thing)
1 cup ricotta cheese

Sauce:
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
couple squirts of honey
1/2 cup of water

Place sauce ingredients into pan and let it come to a boil, continue to heat until blueberries explode and sauce reduces about 10 mins.

Mix together flour, powder, salt, and sugar. Add in ricotta, lemon juice, and zest. Stir until smooth. Place by spoonful on heated griddle and flip when bubbles form. They are done when they are golden brown. Top with sauce.

**I'm not usually a fan of ricotta, but these did work with it. You could tell they weren't regular pancakes as they had a different texture, but I love them pared with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment