Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Corn Dog Muffins



I love corn dogs...but wasn't liking that they were fried and filled with who knows what! So one day I was cruising around looking for a recipe for a homemade corn dog. I saw many, ones that you dip and fry yourself, some you dip and bake, or some you dip and pan fry.I needed simple, then I came across corn dog muffins on The Taste of Home's website.

Corn Dog Muffins
your favorite recipe for corn muffins(although I think I found a new one!)
1 pkg hot dogs, sliced in half and chopped

Mix together the corn muffin mix. Mix in hot dogs. Place in muffin tin and bake for 15-20 mins at 400 degrees. *I have also seen where people cut the hot dogs in half or thirds and press the dog into the muffin batter already in the pan. I cut them as the boys eat them and they are less of a chocking hazard this way.

**I usually buy the Quaker corn meal, but I picked up a different kind this last time. I used the recipe on the back of the bag and I seemed to have liked it must better. I did sub applesauce for the oil. This was the first time A ate them, but I think on a normal basis most kids would LOVE it. You can also mix cheese into the batter. I also use turkey dogs. So the new recipe I used really isn't that much different that the other one, but perhaps its the cornmeal. I've also done them in a mini muffin pan.


WGCW

This was shared at Mama Bird's Nest

2 comments:

  1. I love the mini muffin pan idea, perfect size for little ones! I have everything I need for these, maybe I'll make them for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Thanks for sharing at the 1st WGCW!

    ReplyDelete