Sunday, April 25, 2010

Honey Dijon Chicken Casserole

While I was looking around for the cream soup recipe I stumbled upon this recipe. It sounded different so I wanted to give it a try. Of course for some reason, I missed in the original recipe that it needed potatoes, so I improvised and used egg noodles. They seemed to work very well.

Honey Dijon Chicken Casserole-adapted from Kitchen Stewardship
2 cups of cream soup
1 pkg egg noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 pkg baby carrots, chopped
3/4 cup plain yogurt(w/ 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice(omitted)*
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
4 cups chicken, cooked/chopped(I only used 2)
1 onion, chopped(optional)
2 cups shredded cheese

*instead of the yogurt you can use a 3/4 cup mayo or half and half)
Mix all ingredients together and top with the cheese. Cover and cook in the oven for 30-40 mins. Uncover for the last 10 mins. You may have to cook it a little longer if you want your carrots cooked more.

**This was quite tasty and made a huge batch. I had enough to freeze another casserole and this will feed us 2 meals. I added extra carrots to help compensate for the other 2 cups of chicken, again I over looked that part, but it still worked very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment