Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Steak and Cheese Pizza

I had this planned for the end of the month, but I needed to use up some roast beef so its been put in for dinner tonight!


Cheese Steak Pizza
1 recipe for no rise pizza dough
1/2 lb roast beef, sliced thin, chopped
1/2 jar roasted red peppers, chopped(or 1-2 fresh peppers)
1 onion, sliced
1 block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Spread dough into 2 circles. Cook for 5-8 mins in a 350 degree oven. Place cheese, roast beef, onions, and  peppers on dough. Place in oven for 10-15 mins until cheese is hot and bubbly.

You will notice in this picture that it looks like mini pizzas, these were not made on the homemade dough. I have found these pocketless pitas(or flatbreads) at the store marked down so I pick them up when I do. I tend to freeze them, but had them out for sandwiches and they needed to be used up. I did make 2 calzones(one cheese/onion and one Cheese steak) with the dough.

**These were very good. I was debating about a sauce, but decided not to put any on it. It was perfect and tasted just like cheese steak that I'm used too! Even K liked it!

2 comments:

  1. I have an award for you!!

    http://cookathome2010.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-way-to-start-day-award-to-share.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! I love me some steak and cheese!

    ReplyDelete