Sunday, April 25, 2010

Italian Sausage Shepherd's Pie

I got this recipe from a message board I used to frequent. I am always looking for new ways to serve italian sausage. K loves it, but you can only eat it the same way so many times before you get sick of it. This is a delicious take on shepherd's pie and I did change it up this time, but I will also share the original recipe.

Italian Sausage Shepherd's Pie-(this is the original recipe)
1 pie crust
1 lb italian sausage, crumbed, browned, drained
1 cup small, curd cottage cheese
1 egg
1.5 cups warm mashed potatoes
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

Bake pie shell for 8 mins at 350 degrees. Place cottage cheese and egg in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, add in potatoes, sour cream, and spices. Place sausage into pie crust, sprinkle with cheese, and top with potato mixture. Place in oven for 50-60 mins at 350 degrees.(or until set)

**I used cream cheese and chive potatoes this time. This didn't have to cook as long.

1 comment: